Meet Joseph N. Frabizzio
I’m an estate planning lawyer and Delaware Valley native who has helped protect families in King of Prussia for over a decade. I look forward to helping you.Joe Frabizzio, Attorney at Law
Pennsylvania Probate: An Overview
The probate process in Pennsylvania involves the following steps:
- Locating and securing the will, if any.
- Call an estate planning or probate administration attorney.
- Make list of all assets and liabilities of the deceased.
- Contact the executor listed in will to go to register of wills office. He or she will take an oath and pay country fee.
- Publish notice of the probate proceedings in a local newspaper for creditors to make claims.
- Obtain a judgment from the court for the assets will be distributed by the executor with the help of attorneys.
The probate process begins when the court appoints someone to handle administration of the estate. Generally, the descendent has already named a personal representative in his/her will. If that is not the case, the court will appoint someone.
Watch this video to discover how we can help your family.
Schedule your free consultation today!
Frabizzio Law LLC
2200 Renaissance Boulevard, Suite 270
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406