Meet Joseph N. Frabizzio
I’m an estate planning lawyer and Delaware Valley native who has helped protect families in King of Prussia for over a decade. I look forward to helping you.Joe Frabizzio, Attorney at Law
Pennsylvania Probate: An Overview
The probate process in Pennsylvania involves the following steps:
- Locating and securing the will, if any.
- Call an estate planning or probate administration attorney.
- Make list of all assets and liabilities of the deceased.
- Contact the executor listed in will to go to register of wills office. He or she will take an oath and pay country fee.
- Publish notice of the probate proceedings in a local newspaper for creditors to make claims.
- Obtain a judgment from the court for the assets will be distributed by the executor with the help of attorneys.
The probate process begins when the court appoints someone to handle administration of the estate. Generally, the descendent has already named a personal representative in his/her will. If that is not the case, the court will appoint someone.
- Probate costs for your county (Typically between $100-$1000 depending upon size of estate).
- Legal fees (Depends on Lawyers).
- Inheritance Taxes (Varies based on total value of assets).
- Interstate Administration,
- Testate Administration,
- Will contests, and
- Beneficiary Challenges to Administration
Contact us today for a free consultation at (610) 667-2988.
As estate planning and probate lawyers, we assist clients living on the Main Line in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, including cities such as King of Prussia, Wayne, Radnor, Conshohocken, Norristown, and other surrounding cities.
Watch this video to discover how we can help your family.
Frabizzio Law LLC
2200 Renaissance Boulevard, Suite 270
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406
While dealing with the grief of your loved one’s death, it’s not easy to create an estate plan to properly distribute your assets or working around the incapacity of someone close to you
Whatever your legal objectives are, you need help of a knowledgeable and an experienced Pennsylvania probate lawyer – someone you can trust to provide the best counsel and representation while keeping you involved throughout the process.
At Frabizzio Law LLC, we can address your concerns and answer your questions about the will contests and state administration. Having experience serving clients in Pennsylvania and adjoining areas, we deliver expert solutions to probate issues and estate disputes.
What is Probate?
Probate is a legal process that takes place in the Surrogate’s Court for validating the decedent’s last Will and judicially appointing the executor entitled therein to settle and administer the estate.
The first step in estate administration is Probating a Will. Once the Will has been discovered, the Executor must ensure the probate is handled efficiently and quickly, and the best way to do this is to hire a skilled Pennsylvania probate lawyer who is proficient in the probate and Surrogate’s Court procedures.
Reliable and Experienced Pennsylvania Probate Lawyers
At Frabizzio Law LLC, we have the skills to file the probate proceedings, and to interpret the nuances of the probate law. We may help with the organization and valuation of the assets, the planning of the estate tax return, and creating a strategy for distribution.
Our Pennsylvania probate lawyers can give you the counsel and advice you need to fully understand the implications of your decisions. With this information available, you can make informed, sound decisions about your significant probate law matters.
The scope of our probate law practice includes:
- Contesting the will
- Probating the will
- Obligations of fiduciaries and executors
- Administration of the estate
- Spousal rights of elections against estates
- Administration of a trust
- Removing an executor
- Kinship/determining a potential beneficiary’s family ties to the decedent/cousins, nieces, nephews etc.
Expert Representation through the Probate Process
At Frabizzio Law LLC, our probate lawyer can help enlighten the intricacies of the probate process and can assist you in navigating the obligations and paperwork associated with being a personal representative.
If you want to help family members avoid the probate process or streamline the process, our experienced Pennsylvania probate lawyer is here to help. Contact us today online or call us at (610) 667-2988 to arrange a consultation with our skilled attorney.
Free Consultation: (610) 667-2988